Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fifth Doll - Gorgeous Kylin

I'm so very very excited working on Kylin. This is my favorite kit so far, it's the first real size doll I make, she has the most beautiful face I can't get over it. I can't wait to see her finished. I started at 7.17pm today. And finished doing her skin base at 3.40am!!! I want her to be perfect. She has 1 skin tone base, and additional 3 layers for the subtle mottling effect. I'm happy.

Update on April 3rd, 2009 - She's finished! Woohoo!!!
Well, almost, I'm using temporary eyes, still waiting for new eyes on the mail, and no eyelashes yet. I finished her hair last night, well, early morning actually. I spent 5 days working on her full blonde hair. I took some pictures just for fun, she is not officially 'reborned' yet until she got her new eyes and eyelashes. I'm so in love with her! I've been playing with her all day. It feels so good to hug her. If you're into cute things and especially these baby dolls, you will understand, if you don't understand and think I'm crazy, I'd say: "What the heck are you doing checking doll blog, you freak?!" LOL. Seriously it feels good, it makes me happy. That's why there's 'theraphy dolls', I kinda understand the purpose of those now. I think it works. Without further ado, here's my brand new baby. My sweet Kylin!

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your Kylin! I want that kit too :)
    I'm done rooting my robin..I have to say that tutorial really made a difference... my rooting is far from perfect but you can see that Robin's hair is much better compared to my first doll's hair :)
    I just have to wait for the glue to dry so I can put him together... I wanted a girl but "she" turned out a boy :) I haven't update my blog yet, but I'm going to as soon as Robin is done :)
    After that I'm going to start on my third BB kit...
    How is Kylin's vinyl? is it as soft as the BB kits?
    have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did made a difference for me too, improved me 75% better. I'm 50 percent on my Kylin, she has full hair so it takes a while, I've been on her for 4 days now. She got lots of hair, baby!

    I kinda forgot, but pretty sure BB kits are the softest, or at least Sera is. Kylin is soft too. Which BB kit is your next project?

    I will visit your blog soon as you update it. Have a great week end, sweetie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, i hope you had a great weekend!
    As for me.. well, I finished my second doll but to be honest, I'm not so thrilled about him.. I think it's the sculpt.. I liked that kit before but I don't like it so much now.. I have updated my blog with new pictures and I'm going to start on my third doll this week.. it's BB Tory, I hope she turns out better then my second one.. I want to buy Lidy
    http://www.puppen-traumland.de/lidy-doll-kit-p-1667.html?osCsid=556fa2cf110bfa4b35a4b8f7d056aebe

    She's really sweet but I haven't decided yet, I want the BB twins, hony and sugar but I'm not so sure about that now, I took a look at them a few days ago and I don't like them so much ... I have to think about it :D
    Kylin looks like a nice kit and I want that one too but I can't afford to buy all the kits I want before I sell my "robin".. yeah.. big decisions! lol...
    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way, did you sell your sera?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Sera is sold to UK buyer. I just sent her yesterday. Why didn't you like Robin, he is precious. Your babies are very very good! Which sculpt is he by the way? It's cute. You should try Ebay.

    I want to do Sam and Sera as twin. Is Tory and Lidy from BB kits too? Yeah I need to start selling so bad because I buy too much, I just did 2 purchases from 2 different places last night, and I will do my purchase from Bountiful soon as Sam is back in stock. I'm never been in so much debt, but I figure I'll get it back in the near future. LOL. Hopefully. Take care! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's really sweet!
    You did a great job :)
    I'm working on my third doll... I can't wait to sell my second doll so I can buy more kits :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a beautiful dress on her where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, thank you for the compliment, yes I love that outfit, it fits her perfectly. I got it from my favorite ebay boutique, I have the link in my side menu under favorite link! ^__^

    ReplyDelete