Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Second Doll, Sam - The Process 2

So, this is the second day of working on Sam. Can't wait to finish her!

- 12.15pm: Start working. more touch up on the skin and nails & lips.
- 01.02pm: Out of the oven, now on to painting eyebrows. I use a mix of Skin 07, Burnt Umber and a bit of Yellow. I'm happy with the result. Light and faint the way I wanted it. Then I added a bit more brown on the color mix and paint hair on her head, just the outer section, kinda could use it for guidance when rooting too. Take a while but I'm pretty happy with the result.
- 2.34pm: Out of the oven for the last time. Will start rooting when it's cool.
- 3.10pm: Start hair rooting. Decided to use just the needle without the handle, actually it makes my life easier.
- 3.32pm: Broke my needle, I have one left. Uh oh.
- 4.50pm: Broke the last needle, I'm so %^$#@%^&* Pissed! I can't work now, and I have to wait for the new needles I ordered a couple weeks ago. AAARGH!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I hope you can post a picture of your new baby :) I'm waiting for some mohair so I can't root my second doll right now... I'm just gonna have to wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you for the comment, Sam was adopted before I even take pictures of her. But I will post soon as I get to photograph her. I will upload photos of Sera in a couple of minutes tho. Please check back soon, thank you! (",)

    ReplyDelete